Best and most lasting
- What’s the point of Leica’s special editions? I know that people enjoyed reading this one.
- The new standard workflow in professional photography, which is seeing increasing adoption after being initially foreshadowed in an even earlier article on this blog.
- What are the implications of DeepFake for society? Currently topical.
- AI may split the camera market – almost perennially topical.
- Why I keep writing ’bout holes in the sensor – once you’ve understood what demosaicking is, this should be next on your list.
Ego corner: “I was right”
- Craving full-frame? Read this first. You really should.
- The fallacy of “going with system X because there is a full frame upgrade path”, in which I debunk the notion that such a path sensibly exists. I may have been the first to put that so clearly, but others followed suit over a year later.
- You’re teaching Pentax the wrong lesson, in which I predicted that K-50 firmware would be hacked and made available for the K-30.
- Next camera hype: Olympus E-M1 X, in which I correctly predicted what the E-M1 X would look like, as would later be proven.
Look at my Originals category for pieces that are mostly my own ideas and writing, or any of the other categories that should be displayed on the right hand side of the screen.